Smile big, the festive holiday season is among us! Sadly, many individuals refuse to smile wide even for the happiest of moments because of self-esteem issues caused by malocclusions in their mouths. If you suffer from a crooked smile or bad bite, our team at Friendly Smiles Orthodontics can help.
Don’t let your holiday season fall flat due to an oral health hazard. Listed below are some malocclusions to look for:
– Over-bites occur when the upper incisors stick out further than the lower front teeth.
– Overcrowded teeth occur when the space between each tooth is absent, or there is overlap.
– Open-bites occur when the top and bottom incisors fail to line up when biting.
– Dental spacing issues occur when there is too much space between teeth.
– Closed-bites occur when the lower incisors bite into your upper front teeth. Closed bites are an extreme form of overbites.
– Under-bites occur when the lower incisors stick out further than the upper front teeth.
– Misplaced midlines occur when the center of your upper incisors fail to line up with the center of your lower front teeth.
– Bad bites occur from misaligned teeth, missing teeth, extra teeth, and various tooth irregularities.
– Cross-bites occur when your lower jaw protrudes past your upper jaw.
If you suffer from any of the above conditions, please contact our orthodontists at Friendly Smiles Orthodontics. If you are interested in a professional exam for your various orthodontics treatment options with Dr. Ponce, please visit our office located in Tucson, Arizona or call us at 520-326-1101 to set up a meeting. We look forward to fixing your smile!