A straight smile is important to ensure an individual’s oral health is at its peak. However, several issues can arise that can put teeth out of alignment. Malocclusions, also known as bad bites, occur when your teeth or jaw structure is not in the proper alignment. To help fix your smile, orthodontic treatments will be necessary. Common forms of malocclusions are as follows:
– Crossbites are malocclusions in which one portion of your jaw sticks out past the other.
– Spacing malocclusions arise when there are spaces and gaps between teeth.
– Malocclusions can arise if teeth are overcrowded or if there’s not enough space between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions arise when teeth erupt in the wrong areas along the gum line.
– Overbite malocclusions are also known as overjets or buck teeth and arise when your front teeth stick out past your lower front teeth. Extreme forms of overbites are known as deep bites.
– Open bites arise when your upper and lower teeth do not connect when you are biting down.
– If you are suffering from an underbite, also known as bulldog teeth, your lower front teeth will stick out past your upper front teeth.
Visit Friendly Smiles Orthodontics today for an orthodontic treatment. We can be reached by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Ponce and our team at our orthodontic office in Tucson, Arizona by calling us at 520-326-1101.