Our orthodontist and team don’t just provide braces at our practice but also removable orthodontic appliances. We use these devices at Friendly Smiles Orthodontics in order to more effectively straighten your crooked teeth and improve your bite. Contact Dr. Yone Ponce and our team at 520-326-1101 if you would like to learn more about our removable orthodontic appliances in Tucson, Arizona.
Most malocclusion problems can be fixed with traditional braces systems, but some may require specific appliances in order to create a healthy bite and a straight smile. We offer removable orthodontic appliances for your care, which include some of the following:
- Clear Aligners: This braces alternative makes for a more discreet straightening treatment. The clear, smooth plastic is comfortable and virtually invisible, and all you have to do is snap it over your teeth.
- Retainer: After the completion of an orthodontic treatment, you may have to wear a retainer in order to maintain the new position of your teeth. There are several retainer options available, and we will help you decide which one is best for your smile.
- Mouth Guard: If you regularly participate in sports and other recreational activities, then we may recommend you wear a mouth guard. This oral appliance will protect not only your braces but also your teeth and gum tissues.
- Headgear: If your child’s lower jaw is growing faster than their upper jaw, or vice versa, then we may recommend headgear to guide the growth of the jaw for an ideal bite position.
- Night Guard: Grinding and clenching your teeth while you sleep can damage them, but with a night guard, we create a barrier that protects your smile.
- Palatal Expander: In order to create enough space in the mouth for all of your child’s teeth, we may use a palatal expander to widen the upper jaw while your child’s mouth is still growing.
To learn more about our removable orthodontic appliances, call our team today.